I don't even own a set of clubs.
So when the other guys asked me if I wanted to golf this past weekend in Cabo San Lucus I said I wasn't sure. When they shared with me I would have to take out a small loan to play I was convinced. I was going to stay home with the girls!
But then I talked to someone at work who had actually been on this course. He told me about the most intriguing feature of the entire course, a Taco Bar at the tenth hole. But not just any taco bar according to him. The best tacos in all of Cabo. And to top it off they were free and all you could eat.
The gauntlet was thrown down.
Regardless of the exorbitantly high green fee, I now had to get onto that course. I would never be able to live with myself if I missed out on the best tacos in town. I kept thinking about how I would feel if they came back from golf talking about how good the tacos were. It would have ruined the rest of my vacation.
So I could have cared less that the golf course was regarded as one of the best ocean courses in the world, (Cabo Del Sol Ocean Course) or that the 17th hole is hailed as one of the single greatest par-3's in the world. (check out the hole)
I shelled out $250 for the tacos.
And yes they were worth every penny.
Oh and by the way. That 17th hole I mentioned. I was the only one who pared that hole.
It was all in the carne asada!
4 comments:
Hey I'll make you the best taco's you've ever had for that price! I take check or cedit card
You and your taco addiction...
I would have done the same. but then, I like golf...
Not a golfer?...whatever.... and $250 for tacos... really?.... really? Guess I will be makin my trip down south real soon....
Post a Comment