Sunday, October 14, 2007

An Older Woman

Little did I know, as a young man, that I was going to be seduced by my own Mrs. Robinson.

Up until Mindy I hadn't had much success with older women. My boyish charms only seemed to work on young ladies that possessed a little naivete. Or at least those who hadn't yet heard my lame pick-up lines.


But Mindy was different. She was bold, strong, confident. Our first kiss was the result of Mindy grabbing me by the shirt and planting one on my lips.

I was in awe of this woman!


I have continued to be tutored by her since. It's the running joke in our family that Mindy is always right. Her age and wisdom always trump my feeble attempts at logic and reasoning.


All who know me realize how lucky I am that Mindy would step down and take a young, inexperienced boy by the hand and turn him into a man.


I married a girl 5 weeks older than I, and that has made all the difference.

Happy Birthday to my slightly older, but incredibly beautiful wife. I will forever wonder how I got so lucky.

7 comments:

Peg and Parker said...

O.K. again. You two rock. What a cute way to say that you are still smitten and crazy in love. That's a nice tribute on any day but on a Birthday! Wow! Thanks for the happy thought. Heart, Peg

elizabeth said...

Very cute.

Happy Birthday Mindy!

Melissa said...

You did get really lucky Eldon - I mean really lucky. (J/K)

Have a wonderful birthday Mindy! You deserve it!

Loretta and Richie said...

Happy B-Day Mindy!

Madge said...

I told you so!!
I think my exact words to you were,"You are an idiot if you do go after Mindy"!
I'm so glad you're not an idiot!!

Anonymous said...

Amen!!

kt said...

Way to go for the older woman, Eldon!