Driving towards the convention center I sat in the taxi staring blankly out the window. It had only been a couple of minutes but I was already numb to the fifty or so advertisements I had seen with strategically photographed naked women promising me some kind of kinky good time.
Oh how I hate Vegas. Too many years of attending technology trade shows!
But then I remembered that Bobby had a place in town and I had never been to see him. You see I worship at the feet of Bobby. I have several of his books and I never miss an Iron Chef America when Bobby is challenged.
So I bailed on the trade show and headed to Mesa Grill.


Since I wasn't sure when I would be there again, I ordered 3 appetizers, 1 entree and the Southwestern Fries. The waiter, obviously uninformed about my ability to put down the food and unimpressed with my girth, felt it his duty to question me.
Waiter: Will anyone else be joining you?
Me: No
Waiter: You realize this is a large amount of food?
Me: Yeah
Of course in my head I was thinking "Dude do I look like I have never been in a restaurant before? I get that I just ordered a lot of food. It will mean a bigger tip for you so bring it on baby and quit messing with me!"
I was in pain as I left but Bobby is the man. One of the best meals I have had and slightly cheaper than my recent tacos.
I did go to the conference for 1 hour. I walked in, then walked out.
The rest of my work day was spent with my nephew. He is a cast member of Spamalot in Las Vegas. I wasn't able to stay for the show so he took me on a tour backstage (the actuall stage seems so small when you are standing on it).

The best part was that we wandered through the "employee only" basement of the Wynn hotel. They have their own shops and restaurants for the workers. My favorite was the "Uniform Repair Shop" that was offering a big discount.
It was highly illegal for me to be hanging out in the restricted areas of a casino. Very Ocean's Eleven.
As I was strutting around acting like I belonged there I just couldn't decide if I was Mr. Pitt or Mr. Clooney.
1 comment:
Ooh... based on your amazing taste in food and dress... I would definitely have to say Pitt... plus you are not old enough to be Clooney just yet.
I am sad you didn't get to see the show though- you and Mindy will have to get down there to see it sometime... it is disgustingly funny.. you would love it.
Post a Comment