Friday, November 30, 2007

A Day At The Office

While at times the antics on The Office seem a little outlandish they really aren't that far off from real life- at least compared to my experiences with indentured servitude. I continually find myself in unbelievable situations that leave me looking over my shoulder for Michael Scott.


Case in point. (Every word of this story is true)

A few days ago I was to drive around a very famous entrepreneur and CEO and help him evaluate a business opportunity.

It was fair to say I was a little nervous as I drove up to the Hotel and picked up this VIP and his key executive in my car. The day started at 7:30am and I was to drop him off at 6pm to catch his private jet back to the East Coast.

The day went very well. I made witty comments, made some good business points, embellished my accomplishments, and otherwise didn't make a fool of myself.

Towards the end of the day we got back into my car after visiting another location. This time his key executive was in the passenger seat and He was in the back of the car. As I pull out of the parking lot I look into my rear view mirror and realize that Mr. Big Shot has his shoe and sock off. Not only that but he was holding his bare foot towards his face and examining his foot.

I politely asked if anything was wrong to which he replied yes, he had a Corn on his foot that was driving him crazy.

He then asked me if I had any clippers or a knife so he could cut it off!


At this point his protege, who was a women, jumped into the conversation.

Freaked out woman executive:
Your not serious?


World Famous CEO:

Yeah, if I just cut it off it will be fine. Give me some clippers.


Freaked out woman executive:

Gross!! I have some clippers but I don't want them back


World Famous CEO:
Great I'm gonna cut the hell out of this little bugger


Freaked out woman executive:

ewe. Don't leave any skin back there


World Famous CEO:
Of course not, I'll just throw it out the window.


And so there he sat cutting off pieces of skin and hucking them out the window.

We all decided against the investment so I wont be working with him on a regular basis - yet. But I like the guy, he's got snappers.

In the meantime every Thursday night I can watch The Office and chuckle because I know what life is really like at the top.

6 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

this post would be even better if you would name a NAME...tell Melissa, I will then get it out of her :)

kt said...

they're just people. :)

nice use of the word snappers, btw.

Eldon said...

Glad you noticed that shout out to Grandpa

Melissa said...

That is just disgusting. I love it!

Linnea said...

Forget the white crusty thing. Look at his toenail!!!! Hilarious blog...as always.

Anonymous said...

Even people on the top and famous are still people like us susceptible to corns and everything.

Have you come across the Young Entrepreneur Society from the www.YoungEntrepreneurSociety.com? Plenty of business stuff found on the site.