Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Blow and Run

At this age it is tricky to find time to celebrate a birthday. So on Sunday in between Church meetings Mindy served up one of my favorites, Rib Eye steak, and we had the only cake I have ever had for my birthday - Angel Food.

Don't you love how Kate (7) is protecting me from Ryan (2) so my birthday wish will come true.

I stuffed a few bites in my mouth and out the door I ran.

I've decided I don't have time for a mid-life crisis. So bring it on. I'm ready to be 40 - at least I hope I'm ready next year.

7 comments:

Brent and April said...

Fourty...WOW! I have to take my shoes off to count that high!

Michael Clark said...

Have you given any thought to what your mid-life crisis is going to entail?

kt said...

I hear 40 is the new 30. Just sayin'

Heather C. said...

I thought about sending you some wingtips for your b-day... maybe next year :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed the GOOD time. We love you Eldon!

Anonymous said...

I'm sick...that is why I can't spell my own last name. See you guys soon.

Anonymous said...

Turning 40 is strictly over-rated! I realize you have another year to get used to the idea, but I'm nearly 55 and I think you have to watch out for 60. Turning 60 takes the (angel food) cake!