I often succumb to my genetic predisposition to give my opinion and share my infinite wisdom.
I know I should keep my mouth shut more often but... And along the way I have heard every trite saying about listening more than talking and all that blather.
But yesterday something was said that really shook me.
Paige (10) asked me an innocent question. While I was in the middle of my winded response she turned to me and said:
"How come every time I ask you a question it turns into a lecture? It was just a silly question."
She's only 10 years old and already she can see right through me.
2 comments:
Perhaps we really are related. I often answer questions more completely than anyone would enjoy. Miss you guys!!!
Eldon...I have known you since you were 14 or 15 years old! You have always answered yew/no questions with essay answers. It is part of your charm. I think.
Post a Comment