Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Carnal Weekend

When I told a friend of mine that we were ditching the kids for 4 days and going to Palm Springs to celebrate our 15th anniversary he nonchalantly replied "oh a carnal weekend".

I must politely ask that you don't go there.

Stop it!

We just held hands!!


Our platonic weekend started early Friday morning by putting Paige and Kate on a plane to Arizona to hang with their cousins. Mindy's sister then came to stay at our house with the boys.

And we were off. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Top 5 moments of the weekend

1. After going to church on Sunday we came back to the hotel, got back in bed, took a nap, read books and lounged around for 3 hours. Oh that was a cherished moment not soon to be repeated.

2. Going shopping at the outlets and mall. Being the true Metrosexual that I am I purchased 5 times the clothes Mindy did. I love me the shopping.

3. On the theme of Metrosexual I forgot my deodorant so I used Mindy's the whole weekend. Not bad. I especially liked it when it got a little warm and I would catch a scent of the deodorant, a nice little waft that would remind me of Mindy.

4. Lazily floating around the pool on inflatable rafts with no one else in sight. Man I haven't been that relaxed in a long time.

5. Realizing how old and not hip we are and that we didn't care. We loved that we went to the 5pm movies and got the early bird discount and that we didn't want to eat huge meals at night because of indigestion. Come on age 40, I am ready for you.

But the best part was just being with Mindy. 15 years and we still love to just hang out with each other.

If you do happen to escape to Palm Springs without your kids we highly recommend La Quinta. Beautiful grounds and not busy during the off-season.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could use a get-away like that!
(Jeff uses my deoderant when he runs out)

Madge said...

Dad & I still like to hang out together & it's been all most 40 years!

Brent and April said...

Sounds like heaven. . . as I sit here and nurse 24/7.

Brent and April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brent and April said...

(April uses mine) What happened to the days when my tuff big brother didn't enjoy having so much in common with the dregs of our society? When did shopping become a Homo thing? I love to shop for tools, guns and trucks.