That initial rush of euphoria kept you desiring more and more. But after a while the satisfaction waned. You began to realize how destructive it was but just couldn't pull yourself away.
I tried to fight the addiction but couldn't kick the habit until I was in graduate school. One morning at 3am Mindy walked in on me. I was supposed to have been studying. The humiliation, and a stern lecture from my wife cured me.
I was finally free of Video Games. I haven't really partaken since.
But it appears my son Garrett (5) has my addiction genes.
He spent the past week in Arizona in a home with a Wii. This was his first time playing. He became so excited that he would wake up at 6am amped to get going.
By the time I arrived on Thursday evening Garrett was able to beat anyone at bowling. And I mean anyone. He spanked me over and over and over. He beat all cousins and uncles and siblings.
Then he began trash talking. He's lucky Mom protects him.
I predict years from now some young lady is going to have to sit down with Garrett and have a little talk.
6 comments:
We need to get Garrett and April together. Her top score was a 260.
funny. but really who can resist a wii?
Garrett, Christopher is right with you on this one! He's had a fever the past two days (102 or so) BUT still has enough energy to play Game Cube! Good Grief!
Shhhhh, Seth has no clue what Wii is. Not yet anyway..
Yeah, Eldon:
What goes around, comes around !!!!
Wii loved being the start of a new addiction for 'yall. Do come again!
Post a Comment