Often times I will wake up in the morning and Mindy will fill me in on the nightly activities of our children.
My response: Your kidding, I didn't hear a thing.
Mindy: Yeah!
Sad but true I have evolved into one of those guys.
Except for rare occasions. Last night was one of those times.
Kate (7) came downstairs about 9pm complaining about her back hurting. But after she hurled all over the kitchen floor we realized she isn't so good at self diagnosis. So we cleaned her up and got her into bed.
When I finally got into bed myself all I could do was stare at the ceiling. There was one, and only one, thought running through my mind?
"Man I hope she doesn't puke all over the carpet"?
Very loving and sentimental I know.
So the rest of the night I bolted out of bed at the slightest sound. All but once it was a false alarm. During Kate's only real incident of the night she made it to the toilet which she tightly hugged. (I think I was more grossed out about her hands all over the toilet her brothers use than I was the vomit, but I digress...)
So during all the mayhem where was Mindy? Sleeping soundly. Once she saw the fear in my eyes she knew she could get some shut eye.
I hate it when I remind her I am capable!
6 comments:
Ha HA HA! That is so funny and gross. Funny thing is, that I am more grossed out when they grip the toilet with their hands than the actual throw-up. We must come from the same family!
My biggest fear with 7 children was that one of you would be standing over me while I was sleeping shaking me & saying, "Mom, I think I'm going to blahhhhhh" And there I would be laying in my bed with kid puke all over me!! BUT bless my wonderful children, my nightmare never happened! Thank you one and all!
Ok, are you guys serious, how can you NOT be more grossed out over the puke?? There is nothing grosser in existence than someone puking. The sound, the SMELL! I'd stick my hand in a puddle of pee before I'd watch someone hurl.
Heather!
You are talking like a mother who doesn't have a boy that can stand up while he pees yet. Just wait until Thomas starts wanting to stand up. There is good reason that you can't buy a gun until you are 18. Little boys can't aim very well.
I can hardly stand to take my kids #2 when out in public because of how they touch and grip the public toilet.
YUCK!
I TOTALLY agree with the carpet thing. It may be a bit selfish but MAN - that's the worse.
Umm, my boy insisted on standing after a couple of weeks. I am aware of the not-being-able-to-aim thing but I STILL think puke is so much grosser!
Post a Comment