Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I Love Disneyland

Even though we live less than 80 miles from Disneyland we have made it a point to only go for special occasions and when we do go we really go. Like this time, 4 full days at Disneyland. So it is a unique and special experience for the kids when we do go. This way it is exciting and fun for all of us.




My favorite moments:

I love that Garrett (4) went on space mountain for his first ever ride at Disneyland. He ended up going three times by the end of our 4 days. On his last ride he went with Mindy and I sat in the car behind them. He was just tall enough to get onto the ride so I couldn't even see the top of his head when he sat down. But as we got ready to go his little hands came up in the air. He had seen and heard his sisters talk about keeping your hands up on the roller coasters so he was following. And he kept them up the entire ride!!

I love that Kate (7) was obsessed with buying a hat. She bought one on the first day with some of her money. By the third day all four girls on the trip had a hat and wore them everywhere.

(See the 4 Micky Mouse Hats?)

I love that Paige (10), our daredevil, was afraid of the Maliboomer ride. I finally talked her into trying it with me. She even sat down in the seat but then chickened out. But she couldn't let it go (I mean I couldn't stop teasing her about it) so she came back an hour later and did it.

I lave that Ryan (2) was a good sport waiting for all the kids to get off rides he couldn't go on. He knew the drill and didn't complain. But when he was able to go on a ride he was mesmerized. His favorite was Pirates of the Caribbean.



Speaking of Pirates I love that each of the four times we went on this ride all the girls would sing "Yo Ho Ho a Pirates life for me..." at the top of their lungs in perfect harmony. We definitely should have won some kind of award for the boat with the most pirate spirit.

I also loved being with my sister Melissa and family. It felt like a vacation because our kids had cousins to play with and hardly seemed to fight. (And of course I got to see Jeff)



I vividly remember my childhood trips to Disneyland. It's odd to think that the memories of the past few days will stick with my kids for a lifetime.

Truly a magical kingdom.

5 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

im helpin you out here..Kate and Garrett arent both 4 right? Come on, I dont even know you and I know that. :)Looks like fun. and its to bad Jeff had to be there. Just think of us, we have to LIVE down the STREET from him.

kt said...

I freaking love disneyland.

Melissa said...

Awwh. I love going with your family too!

Eldon said...

Good catch Meredith. Now corrected.

Peg and Parker said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I love you you guys roll. It make me happy to see a great young family with wonderful spirit and a great future. Go get 'em. Next year , can I go too? Heart, Peg