Worst Day of The Year
Without a doubt International Walk To School Day is my least favorite day of the year.From the moment I walked out the door this morning with my kids the tormenting began and I quickly became consumed by the deadly sin of Jealousy.Regardless of where I looked I couldn't avoid the object of my pain:Men walking their kids to school in shorts.
Granted we live in San Diego so shorts are not unusual. But what are these guys doing for work to pay the bills of living in San Diego? It seems that at least half the fathers in our neighborhood have figured out this "Working for the Man" thing better than I have. These guys are kickin it at 8:30 in the morning with no apparent rush to get anywhere fast.So as I drive off to work in my slacks I daydream of a work life spent in shorts. Now that's living the dream in my book.
3 comments:
No joke, I was thinking the SAME thing this morning as dads were flying past me on their bikes w/ NO helmets!
I think the same thing when I go to the gym during the middle of the day... don't these men have JOBS?
Haven't you heard? You don't have to work anymore. The Gov will pay your mortgage, provide healthcare and even send you a check once in a while. They have unlimited money.
Post a Comment