For weeks Ryan has been continuously yelling "Mom". Anytime he wants something eat, or has something to show her or just if Mindy wasn't looking at him he yelled "Mom" .
And I am honestly using the word yell, not just trying to be slightly dramatic. At all of 19 months he can belt out a raspy, guttural yell. Not a squeaky high-pitched scream. It really is like a little man yelling at you.
Mindy has been quite tramatized by this continual verbal assualt. But I have found it quite comical to arrive home from a quiet day at work and find a frazzled wife being chased around the house by a yelling toddler. And the only way to quiet him is to try and figure out what he wants and give it to him. For the few brief hours I was around it each day I chuckled.
Well today I stayed home from work to watch the boys. All day long I was yelled at. At first I laughed. Then I decided to try and "change" the behavior by ignoring him.
Now I just want to yell "Damn it stop calling me Mom"!
And I am honestly using the word yell, not just trying to be slightly dramatic. At all of 19 months he can belt out a raspy, guttural yell. Not a squeaky high-pitched scream. It really is like a little man yelling at you.
Mindy has been quite tramatized by this continual verbal assualt. But I have found it quite comical to arrive home from a quiet day at work and find a frazzled wife being chased around the house by a yelling toddler. And the only way to quiet him is to try and figure out what he wants and give it to him. For the few brief hours I was around it each day I chuckled.
Well today I stayed home from work to watch the boys. All day long I was yelled at. At first I laughed. Then I decided to try and "change" the behavior by ignoring him.
Now I just want to yell "Damn it stop calling me Mom"!
No comments:
Post a Comment