Thursday, December 07, 2006

Day One - Survival

A good test of any man is when his wife leaves town. Will he wallow in squalor, eat like a college student and numb his senses with endless hours of TV?

What if the wife leaves a few kids behind?

Mindy left for New York on Wednesday taking Paige and Kate with her. They have big plans: Mary Poppins, Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular, Ice Skating, American Doll Christmas show, The Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty. This is kinda an annual trek for her to New York.

So I get to hold down the fort with the boys, age 3 and 1.

One hour before Mindy boarded the plane Wednesday evening the 1 year old breaks out in a fever. A little Advil for him and off she goes, I am sure with a little smirk. Now Eldon gets a real test, not just TV and pizza with the boys.

Sure to form Ryan was up several times last night with a fever. He kicked and tossed with me from 3am to 4am. Then the drugs kicked in.

I took him to the doc this morning and of course nothing seemed to be the matter. So the babysitter came over and off to work.

Just four more days to go. I'm thinking Taco Bell and The Office tonight.

No comments: