Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Distracted

After returning home from our trip to Nauvoo I had every intention to keep blogging. But the Olympics, the world's greatest time suck, got hold of me.

The first week of the Olympics consisted of late nights and cat naps during long, boring meetings.

Then on Saturday, August 16 tragedy struck. My cousin Christian Nielson and his wife Stephanie were in a plane crash and severely burned. They are the parents of 4 young children, who were not with them at the time. You can learn more about Christian and Stephanie here and updates from her sister here.

Although I have never met Stephanie or their children I have been haunted by this accident and the challenging road they have ahead of them. Somehow posting my funny little stories seemed a little trite.

But this is my journal of sorts and someday we, our family, will be glad for the stories of this crazy time of life.

So....in between posts I am going to think about Christian and his family and pray things work out for them during their recovery.

3 comments:

marnee said...

Eldon, from one whose life has had her fair share of ups and downs (not nearly as significant as
Christian & his wife), it is a comfort to know that "normal" still exists somewhere. Reading your funny stories about being a dad, raising kids, guy-ness, and Mindy, have made each day brighter for me. Laughter is good medicine. So, continue delivering the treatment doc!

Peg and Parker said...

I agree with you Eldon. There have been lots of distraction recently. It's good to know what we know and that there are ways to help. Just know that we love you and your little family and Christian's family as well.

AliceK[i]ND said...

I have had the same problem Eldon. I finally had to set it aside for a moment to catch up on my blog (http://alicedewitt.blogspot.com/) because it's my journal. But Christian and Stephanie are definitely occupying my mind lately.