Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Virginian

For the past couple of days I was in Roanoke, Virgina touring some factories for work.

The county side is stunning this time of year and I loved the chance to drive around and see the old world.

I also got a kick out of all the accents. It made everyone sound like a country bumpkin, at least to my cosmopolitan ears.

In spite of the language barrier it turns out I'm not so different. When I put my shoes on in the hotel to go to the gym I noticed something odd.




Yeah. Don't let fancy talk fool you.

7 comments:

Cindy Thomas said...

Hey - that is NOT an excuse for not exercising!

Eldon said...

I did go. But boy did I feel like an idiot.

Eldon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It must run in the family.
Ask Linnea about my shoes at the Easter pageant. Ya, kinda embarrassing

Madge Thomas said...

WOW!! I'm sooooo embarrassed for you!

Anonymous said...

Lorraine says: I had two pair o identical shoes, one pair black, one pair navy. When I got to church I noticed I had a black and a navy shoe on but ....the clincher was I had on two left feet and I was only 70 then.

Eldon said...

Who knew I had such company in my shoe problems.