But I never saw her do anything about it. She just always endured the dreaded day.
Not my wife.
She took matters into her own hands this year. She planned the ultimate Mothers Day ever. She invited 7 of her friends to fly in for the weekend and booted her Husband and kids from the house.
The kids and I were relegated to Mesa, AZ to enjoy the wonderful springtime weather of 100+ degrees. While these women, with a gazillion kids between them, enjoyed their freedom and stayed up late and acted like college freshmen all over again. All without wiping, yelling, cleaning, cooking, dressing, folding, driving, tutoring, lecturing and all that other Mom stuff. The only word I can think of to describe Mindy's mood the few times I got to talk with her over the weekend is Giddy.
I keep asking if there were any late night pillow fights in lingerie...Wait...that's the ultimate Fathers day I'm thinking of.
No comments:
Post a Comment