Friday, March 09, 2007

Too Many Prayers

Conventional wisdom would say that you can’t say enough prayers. That may be true for us wicked adults, but maybe we should give our kids a break.

Paige (9yrs) needed to call her school teacher and leave a message regarding some homework. She dialed the number and confidently began to leave a clear and concise message. But as she ended the message she said “In the Name…” paused, and then quickly said goodbye and hung up the phone.

The emotion got to her and she ran to Mindy, who had been listening, and confessed: “I don’t know why but I was going to say ‘In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen’”.

We smoothed over her embarrassment but for the next couple of days we kept an eye on her. Heaven forbid she go around and say Amen to everyone. People might think we are religious or something.

2 comments:

Heather C. said...

Funny. I think we may have inundated Thomas. Now he says "AMEM" whenever he thinks something shoud end. Like dinner or a book or a scolding. I'm hoping he'll catch on that it only applies to prayers.

Linnea said...

I sometimes end my phone calls with "I love you" which is great when it's Russ, but embarrassing when it's not.