Monday, March 19, 2007

Hot Tub Lovin in Park City

Imagine 6 middle-aged men rubbing hairy legs in a hot tub! It just isn't relaxing to play footsie with another man.

As long as I block out that memory the boys trip was great.

My friend Scott lives in Park City. Every year he kicks out his wife and three kids for us guys to come hang for a few days. This year I got to sleep in the toy room on a bed that was exactly six feet four inches long. If I sneezed I would bang my head. But the rate was great.

One of the advantages of age is money. Or at least friends with money. It so happens our host works for a firm that owns Powder Mountain Ski Resort. So we got free reign of the place including back country Cat skiing, the highlight of the trip.


The other highlight was my attempt to display my "Shedding" credentials by insisting on Snowboarding the first day while everyone else Skied.

As we stood at the top of the mountain ready for our first run, I decided to lead off and go charging down what turned out to be an extremely icy hill. I didn't make it more than 10 feet before falling. By the end of that first run we decided that everyone else should just go ahead and they would catch up with me later.

So much for my Skills.

We hit Powder Mountain, Alta and Deer Valley. Our only casualty was a bloody nose during a basketball game and a couple of clogged toilets. Not bad for a bunch old farts.

Back at home remember Mindy had our 4 kids plus my Brother, his Wife and their 5 kids. Each night these 7 visitors played a game of musical beds. Not one of them could make it through the entire night in the same bed. When you start out with three boys on one air mattress what the hell do you expect?

Beyond the sleeping trauma I can't get anyone to give me the goods on the visit. But there were tears when the cousins left so something must have gone right.

The biggest irony?

Average daily High Temp in Park City = 65

Average daily High Temp in San Diego = 56

Al Gore may be onto something.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Are you blogging at work?

Eldon said...

Are you reading blogs at work??

Anonymous said...

I love it!
My friend checks your blog daily because you make her laugh so much. (Not that I am trying to egg you on or anything).

Anonymous said...

I love it!
My friend checks your blog daily because you make her laugh so much. (Not that I am trying to egg you on or anything).

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

Melissa- Am I the friend you are talking about? Or is there more people who check Eldons blog daily, a guy I have never met, and would think I was crazy for checking his blog every day??!! Lets just hope Im not the only crazy one :)-Meredith
Eldon, thanks for the entertainment!and nice to meet you

Eldon said...

Glad to know somebody reads it. I have to remind my wife sometimes I do this so she will read it.