the First Fall Cold.
Mindy woke up early the next morning to work out. She hustled kids all day and started the laundry. I did make it to work but had to come home and "veg" before going to bed. Folding clothes was just too much in my delicate condition.
The next morning Mindy, who was just as sick as me, took my early morning slot and went to the gym. I slept in. Waking up late just in time to kinda sorta help the kids out the door for school.
This being Friday I was working from home, luckily. So I loafed around pecking out a few emails. Meanwhile Mindy has the boys out the door running who knows how many errands.
I get a call to go to lunch. Miraculously I find the energy to shower and go. But of course upon return the symptoms are as bad as ever and I have to lay down.
Saturday finds me again unshaven and in bed. As Mindy runs off with all the kids to soccer I kindly offer to watch Ryan who has just gone down for a nap. As the end of Saturday approaches I get invited to go to dinner after Priesthood session. Again I find the strength to get dressed and get out the door. Returning just as Mindy has put the last kid to bed.
As I ask Mindy a random question that evening I get no response. Softly I say "Honey what's wrong"? "Have I done something"? "I'm just sick".
1 comment:
Eldon, I'm just glad to know that I have at least 12 more years of that bliss coming my way (although I can do without the aftermath--let me know the secret when you find out). - Mike
Post a Comment