Hodad: someone who hangs out with surfers but isn't one.
A good description of what I feel like after some Saturday morning sessions. There is still more "desert rat" in me than surfer dude.
Also the name of the best burger joint in Ocean Beach. We found out about it in and issue of BonAppetite and had to try it. The burger was great but the "scenery" was even better. A complete dive with all sorts of characters in and around the place. What we thought was a homeless guy turned out to be our waiter.
As the conversation turned to the "what is happening to this younger generation" I remembered that I am old. 4 kids and 14 years of marriage.
We went to La Jolla for Gelattos and suddenly felt more at home. But damn those are good burgers. Put this on your list of places to go when you come to visit.

No comments:
Post a Comment